Take Joy

Tasha Tudor died on Wednesday. I loved A is for Annabelle, among many others, when I was little. Recently, an elderly friend lent me her copy of Take Joy, a video glimpse into Tasha's daily routine. Find this film, rent it and remember a lovely woman who took joy from every moment of her life.
.
(Wonderful bit in the NY Times. I do indeed hope that Tasha's son is right in advising people to take his mother's "more colorful remarks" with a pinch of salt. It saddened me to hear her put such simple faith in the belief that she was the reincarnation of an 18oo's sea captain’s wife ("from Ipswich"). But it's quite possible she was laughing up her sleeve the whole time. I do hope she was.)
.
"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
Henry David Thoreau

No comments: