a year in books, 2018

Favorite Read-Aloud with my Husband (yes, I am married)

A Severe Mercy, by Sheldon Vanauken

First-Time Favorites
The Power of Proximity, by Michelle Warren
For the Family's Sake, by Susan Schaeffer Macauley
Letters to the Church, by Francis Chan

Favorite Re-Reads
100 Cupboards, by N.D. Wilson (plowed through the entire book the day before my wedding)
All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot

Favorite Read-Aloud with the Girls I Look After
The Star of Kazan, by Eva Ibbotson

Biggest Book that I Couldn't Put Down but Will Never Read Again
Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand

Looking Forward to in 2019
The Door Before, by N.D. Wilson
The Descent of the Dove, by Charles Williams (I know, I said I'd read it last year...)
Orbiting Jupiter, by Gary Schmidt

Currently Reading:
Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy, by Eric Metaxes
Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave, by Edward Welch
The Mennyms, by Sylvia Waugh (with the girls)
That Hideous Strength, by CS Lewis (with my husband)

No comments: