a year in books, 2017

Books That Compelled and Marked Seismic Shifts in My Life
March 2017: (I moved out, one mile from home, with my brother!) 
Houses That Change the World, by Wolfgang Simson
July 2017: (I sent a letter to someone I barely knew, knowing it meant he would become my future husband)
A Severe Mercy, by Sheldon Vanauken

Top Five Favorite Mystics
1) Organic Church, by Neil Cole
2) The Power of Proximity, by Michelle Ferrigno Warren
3) Primal Fire, by Neil Cole 
4) Transformed, by Caesar Kalinowski 
5) Family on Mission, by Mike Breen

Favorite Re-Reads
The Princess and the Goblin, by George MacDonald
That Hideous Strength, by CS Lewis
Gaudy Night, by Dorothy Sayers

Favorite Sibling Read-Aloud
Boy: Tales of Childhood, by Roald Dahl

Favorite Read-Aloud with the Girls I Nanny
The Saturdays, by Elizabeth Enright

Looking Forward to in 2018
Images of Faith: Reflections Inspired by Lilias Trotter, by Miriam Huffman Rockness 
One Thing, by Neil Cole
The Descent of the Dove, by Charles Williams
The Penderwicks at Last, by Jeanne Birdsall

No comments: