April Reading Log (and notes)

After reading so many wonderful stories this month, I decided to annotate my reading log. Never Jam Today means I can't review every book I like, but I can surely spare this many words.

North and South, by Elizabeth Gaskell
Golden. I adore the BBC adaption, and the book is even better.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, by Ally Carter
Quick and fun ... a sequel that improves upon the original.

The Shuttle, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Decidedly Victorian, but gripping in that way.

Emotional Purity, by Heather Paulsen
Recommended.

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, by Ally Carter
The aforementioned original.

Murder Must Advertise, by Dorothy Sayers
I don't think Sayers could have written a dud if she tried. Brilliant.

The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg, by Rodman Philbrick
Reviewed. One of my MG favorites for 2009.

David Livingstone, by Janet & Geoff Benge
Interesting light bio.

Any Which Wall, by Laurel Snyder
Reviewed. One of my MG favorites for 2009.

Princess of the Midnight Ball, by Jessica Day George
I liked this. It didn't try to pull anything fancy ... but it satisfied in its simplicity.

North of Beautiful, by Justina Chen Headley
I liked this, too.

The Year of Jubilo, by Ruth Sawyer
Reviewed.

II Samuel, KJ version
(Only Joshua, Judges and Ruth until I finish my second reading of the Bible!)

Miss Pym Disposes, by Josephine Tey
Lite British chick-lit, circa 1940. Tey knows how to turn a phrase.

1 comment:

hopeinbrazil said...

Just popping in to say I enjoy your blog. I'm jealous that you've read North and South because I hear so many good things about it and can't get my hands on it where I live. Good luck on your non-fiction reading month. I'm not sure I could do it!