"I sway an airy kingdom"

(from My Library, by Maud Montgomery)

Music, wit and wisdom in 2014:

Best New Discoveries
Mystic: How to Live the Victorious Christian Life, by an unknown Christian
Novel: Children of the New Forest, by Frederick Marryat

Favorite (Albeit Only) Classic
Little Dorrit, by Charles Dickens

Favorite MG Novel
Boys of Blur, by N.D. Wilson

Most Difficult to Complete (But Loved It!)
Planet Narnia: The Seven Heavens in the Imagination of C.S. Lewis, by Michael Ward

Favorite Mystics
Abide in Me, by Andrew Murray
Raising Your Children for Christ, by Andrew Murray

Favorite ReReads
Gaudy Night, by Dorothy Sayers
Persuasion, by Jane Austen (the perfect book to read at age 27)

Favorite Sibling Read-Aloud
The Saturdays, by Elizabeth Enright

Looking Forward to in 2015
Life Together, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Autobiography of George Muller: A Million and a Half in Answer to Prayer
final, untitled installment of N.D. Wilson's Ashtown Burials series
The Art of Life, by Edith Schaeffer
The Faerie Queene, by Edmund Spenser
something (anything) of Andrew Murray
something of Dickens
The Penderwicks in Spring, by Jeanne Birdsall
Shaming the Devil, by Melina Marchetta
Greenglass House, by Kate Milford

2 comments:

Holly said...

Planet Narnia! I remember the author presented the book's thesis at Wheaton one year and had me fully convinced, though I've still never made it past the first 40 pages of the actual book. How did you find it and its argument?

Noël De Vries said...

I found it lovely and far deeper than my brain could ever go. Actually, I remembered you mentioning the book when I visited you at Wheaton... thanks for the recommendation!