2009 Cybils Winners

The 2009 Cybils Winners

Easy Readers
I Love My New Toy written by Mo Willems

Fantasy & Science Fiction
Middle Grade
The Graveyard Book written by Neil Gaiman
Young Adult
The Hunger Games written by Suzanne Collins

Fiction Picture Books
How to Heal a Broken Wing written and illustrated by Bob Graham

Graphic Novels
Elementary/Middle Grade
Rapunzel's Revenge written by Shannon Hale and Dean Hale, illustrated by Nathan Hale
Young Adult
Emiko Superstar written by Mariko Tamaki illustrated by Steve Ralston

Middle-Grade Fiction
The London Eye Mystery written by Siobhan Dowd

Non-Fiction Picture Books
Nic Bishop Frogs written and illustrated by Nic Bishop

Poetry
Honeybee written by Naomi Shihab Nye

Young Adult Fiction
Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, The written by E Lockhart


Not much we didn't see coming. Frankie ... Hunger Games ... Shannon Hale ...

I must say I loved The London Eye Mystery. Great choice. Been meaning to write a review, but then I get sidetracked, remembering all Dowd's descriptions of the Tube, which makes me think of riding the Metro in Kiev, and how much I loved loved loved that, and also how much I want to fly to London right this very minute. Will that suffice?

2 comments:

Maya Ganesan said...

I wasn't impressed by The Hunger Games, but I didn't think it wasn't going to win a Cybil. That was obvious.

Noël De Vries said...

It's definitely a crowd favorite! But I have to say I enjoyed it a lot, too.

Thanks for stopping by, Maya.