I'm not sure why the rules don't mention that this is a book-related meme, but here are my seven random book-related facts:
1. Growing up, my best friend's family allowed books at the dinner table. Mine did not. This irritated me.
2. In my nearly 22-year lifetime, I have watched two films that were better than the book they were based on: The Princess Diaries and The Princess Bride. Moral: read the book.
3. In my novel The Jonah Bottle, I have so many inside jokes that I can't keep track of them. For example, the children's aunt's name is Hildegarde, inspired by the opening lines of Nesbit's Story of the Treasure Seekers:
"There are some things I must tell before I begin to tell about the treasure-seeking, because I have read books myself, and I know how beastly it is when a story begins, "Alas!" said Hildegarde with a deep sigh, "we must look our last on this ancestral home"--and then some one else says something--and you don't know for pages and pages where the home is, or who Hildegarde is, or anything about it."
4. Places I keep my books: behind clothes in my wardrobe, on a shelf above my closet, on a shelf inside my closet, on my desk, under my bed, on a shelf above my windows. That's just my bedroom.
5. I read myself to sleep every night.
6. I've worked as a children's librarian since I was seventeen. It was kind of obvious by then.
7. Because I spend most of my time with fictional characters, the seven friends I'm tagging don't have blogs. One of them doesn't even have a surname. However, you can still visit them.
Thanks to Sally.