Scoop of the e-e-evening: Savvy

Reviewed by my 12-y/o sister, Rae, who is just starting to get into books (finally! *gasps a sigh of relief* ...I was afraid we had an aberration on our hands!).

Do you know what a savvy is? It is your specialty. Something you understand. Something that is your very own.

I loved the book Savvy. It was something new to me. I had never heard that word used before. When Noel gave me the book I thought, “Sure I’ll read it,” but once I began I couldn’t stop!

The book wasn’t just about one girl on her thirteenth birthday (although quite a bit of it was). It was also about her family. She had three brothers and one sisters. The oldest was Rocket, then Fish. Third was Mississippi (aka Mibs) fourth was Samson and last was Gipsy. Mibs is the one who is turning thirteen—which may seem normal to you, but in their family it was the day their lives changed forever.

One other reason I liked it is because once Mibs turns thirteen, she has to be homeschooled. Otherwise, who knows what could happen before she tames her savvy? The reason I like that is because I am homeschooled, so I know what it’s like.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like a very interesting book! Thanks for reviewing it, Rea. Those kids have some very interesting names, don't they?

Erin said...

I want.

Em said...

Great review! This book sounds like fun. I'll have to pick it up. :)