Reading meme

How can you resist a tag from someone who calls you Lady Noel? Someone who bought The Star of Kazan just because you told her to?

The Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
This was a hard one. I locked away all my novels this week, and put the key in Lucy's dog bowl, where she promptly ate it, despite the knowledge that lead poisoning is a dangerous illness, making my job of finding "the nearest book" quite an adventure. (Okay, so that was a Moriarty-ish rabbit trail, but I did have to get up from my chair.)

2. Open the book to page 123.
Check.

3. Find the fifth sentence.
Check.

4. Post the next three sentences.
Okay:

"Kay looked at him in blank surprise. "Who are you?" he asked.

"Naylor," said the giant, "John Naylor in the wide world it were, till us come to be a man of the 'ood."

Oh, man. I really really really really really want to keep reading. I've been dying to start T.H. White's The Sword in the Stone. I'm croaking here.

5. Tag five people.
Eh, let's skip that part. After all, I'm supposed to be writing right now, and coming up with five different friends would use too many little grey cells.

Cheers, Janet! I'm over 30k in my total word count!!

1 comment:

batgirl said...

I almost feel like a took of the evil one, sent to temp you with books, almost causing your to stumble...

Thanks for playing:)

Good job on the writing! I'm proud of you...