I Did It!

Hooray! I made it through a whole week without reading a single novel!

How does that make me Supergirl, and not Psychogirl?

Because I wrote over 15,000 words on my novel during those book-less hours, that's how. Plus, I got more sleep.

And guess what? My reading pile is still there, right beside my bed, so it looks like missing a week wasn't such a big deal, after all.

Can you see the evil look spreading over my face?

I dare you. I dare you to go a week without reading a novel. Do something big with all that extra time. Betcha can't.

(I think this is kind of like shaky nicotine gum-chewers taunting their smoker friends. I've been off fiction seven days, folks. Give me a break.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking I will go a whole month without checking a book out from the library and instead read only the seemingly hundreds of unread books I have on my own bookshelf. But so far I haven't been able to do it!

Sookie said...

Heh heh,
that last part was funny :-)
I don't think I could do it for a whole seven days.
But 15000 words... O my goodness...that would be wonderful!

Erin said...

But...but...why? Why would I want to do that to myself?

Maybe someday I'll try it. For now: perish the thought.

Noël De Vries said...

It really wasn't that bad.

While I wouldn't do it without a good reason, what I accomplished was totally worth the "sacrifice."

Nicole said...

welllll, I may try it, but I have a few questions...

It wouldn't count the books we have to read for school, would it?

and can I finnish Roller Skates before I 'give up' reading novels? please say yes, I just staarted it and I am hooked already!

batgirl said...

What kind of librarian are you?? Telling people not to read?? I'm telling your boss.

If I wanted to torture myself and give up a time-sucking habit for a while, it would have to be internet.

Noël De Vries said...

See, some people jet ski off Niagra Falls for attention. I just stop reading. :)

No, Marie, I think I would be in big trouble if you told your teachers you couldn't do your homework because your cousin declared a no-reading week. :) I don't care when/if you try it, but if you do, make sure you do something important with the time you would have spent reading. Otherwise, why torture yourself? BTW, enjoy Roller Skates!! It's so good!!

Good point about the internet, Janet. I thought about giving up blogging etc. but then I was like, I don't think so.