Gearing Up for the Big Anneiversary

Next month Penguin releases their 100th Anniversary edition of "Anne of Green Gables." Isn't it ravishing?

As the official date (March) draws near, you'll hear all about the Anneiversary Tea I'm planning. Anne has somehow stuck as my number-one favorite novel through years of voracious reading, despite the fact that my rational self really likes other books better. There's just something about a story you read at a very young age, a book that had an enormous impact on your innocent brain ... the influence is never replaced.

The extent of my fan-girl status: I went to Prince Edward Island three years ago. Sigh. An amazing experience.

3 comments:

batgirl said...

Ooh. I want to have an Anneversary tea too! Can't wait to hear about your plans. I haven't read A of GG in oh 23 years or so, but those books are lined up on my shelves, waiting to be reread with my daughters...

Nicole said...

I started reading it a while ago, but stopped. I say it was because it was due at the library( it was, but it's an excuse) the other reason was I didn't want to read about Mr. G dieing... I'll have to start (and finish) it again soon.

Noël De Vries said...

Montgomery is my hero. I love so many of her books, not just Anne: Emily, Pat, Valancy, Sara, Jane.

Read it, Marie! This is the year!